Tuesday, November 1, 2011

F-F-F-Friday - Cookbook haul

I'm a bit late for my F-F-F-Friday post, what with it being Monday now. Apologies. All this back and forth between The House and The Apartment is taking it's toll on me. At the very least, I'll be a bit more regular and in The Apartment for a few weeks. We're also getting phone and Internet in The House, so that will help too.

Sometimes I don't wake up so early in the morning ... ha ha ha ... okay, okay, I admit it, I'm not a morning person, so a lot of times, I don't wake up so early in the morning. *grumble* The Boy on the other hand is an early bird. He will even wake up at 5am on a Saturday morning. Horrors! My point?

Well, on some mornings when The Boy wakes up at such an awful hour, he'll take himself off for a walk around the city. On one such morning he discovered a discount bookstore. He came home that morning all excited because that bookstore has an entire wall dedicated to cookbooks and cooking reference books ... all discounted!

Being The Wonderful Boy that he is, he made a date to take me to the store as soon as it was possible for us to find a time to take a walk over there. It was such fun!!! I didn't have my camera with me, so I didn't take a picture of the awesome wall, all covered in cookbooks, but I did get quite a haul. Most of the books ranged from $5 to $15 each, down from anywhere between $30 and $75 each.

Here's what I ended up with:



As a result of the haul, we had to rearrange the bookshelves a little bit, but here's what my collection of cookbooks look like right now.


All those pretty, pretty books ... *sigh* ... and the very best news? This store has recently bought up all the stock from Angus & Robertson and Borders shutting down, so there will be more discounted cookbooks for me to rummage through in the near future. Oh happy days!!!

Do cookbooks excite you or do you now just hop online and search for what you want? How do you like those recipes you're finding online? Do you enjoy flipping through a lovely, colorful cookbook full of pictures of beautifully prepared food? How many recipes would you make out of a cookbook? What's your favorite cookbook? The one book that you will not do without in your kitchen? 

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny’s Fortunes Pty Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment