Monday, May 25, 2020

Chickpeas with tomato and fried eggs


I think I mentioned I've been watching a lot of cooking videos recently. They are my entertainment, relaxation, inspiration, and masterclass all rolled into one. I'm finding even if I don't cook the recipes I watch, I learn a lot of general knowledge about cooking and food, and some technique as well. It's generally a great education in bite-size pieces. I find it a fantastic learning experience.


Funnily enough, for today's recipe, I was watching a lifestyle video of a beauty YouTuber who has branched out into filming more lifestyle videos. This particular video featured some of her favorite easy recipes. I decided to cook this one cos The Boy loves chickpeas. I did modify it a little by adding bacon. If you want to keep it vegetarian, just leave out the bacon. It will still taste as good.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 1 can chickpeas, drained and washed
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp curry powder
  • 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
  • 1 onion diced
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 200g spinach or lettuce for wilted greens
  • 250gm bacon, diced
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 eggs per person to top

Garnish:
  • Fresh red chilis
  • Spring onions

Instructions:
  • In a large fry pan, add olive oil, heat and cook up bacon rendering the fat. Then add onions and garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Then add curry and chili powder and saute for another minute.
  • Add tomatoes and chickpeas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
  • Add greens and cook till wilted.
  • In another fry pan, cook up 2 eggs per person, sunny side up. 
  • To serve, place chickpea mixture onto plate or bowl. Top with eggs. Garnish. Enjoy.


If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment