Sunday, April 21, 2013

Zucchini bread ... in the Thermomix


I was given a HUGE zucchini by my boss recently and decided that I would make some zucchini bread and zucchini soup out of it. There was so much zucchini that it really was a several recipe thing to get through it all. The zucchini bread, I could take in to work and let the boys have some as well.


I have never made zucchini bread before, so I decided to look up the interwebs for a recipe that was easy to follow and "Deanna proof" meaning "easy for dumb people who can't bake to make". :-)


I found this recipe and thought it looked straightforward enough to follow. And to make it even simpler for myself, I had my friend convert it to a Thermomix recipe for me.

Here is what the RECIPE that I used looked like:


Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 235 ml vegetable oil
  • 400g white sugar (if you like it sweet)
  • 225g grated zucchini
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
  • 375g plain flour
  • 1 heaped teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3rd cup chopped walnuts

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 165 degrees . Grease two 20x10cm loaf tins with butter.
  • Chop up walnuts in Thermomix, spped 6, 3 - 5 seconds, remove
  • Chop up zucchini in Thermomix, speed 5, 2 seconds, remove
  • In Thermomix, beat eggs until light and frothy, speed 6, 3 - 5 seconds
  • Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Reverse speed 6, 3 - 5 seconds
  • Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts. Reverse speed 6, 3 - 5 seconds
  • Make sure everything is mixed properly, if not go again, reverse speed 6, 3 - 5 seconds
  • Divide batter into prepared tins.
  • Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done.

My measurement of the walnuts were a little less accurate and I used 1/2 cup of walnuts instead of 1/3 cup of walnuts. Other than that, I pretty much followed the recipe exactly. (I have learned that with baking, exactness is a virtue!)

I also cooked mine in a muffin tray so that they were individual zucchini bread muffins. I find those easier to store and eat. I cooked them in the oven at 160 degrees C for 40 minutes instead of the recommended 60 - 70 minutes for the loaf.

And the verdict?? OMG!!! The zucchini bread was delicious. I'm definitely making this again, even more often than the banana bread muffins that I make, which we love. The Boy even said that this was better than the banana bread muffins.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd

Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dazinthekitchen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/langshipley
Instagram: langshipley
Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/langshipley/


No comments:

Post a Comment