We've decided on a salad again tonight since (once again) it is going to be a very hot day. I am also coming to quite enjoy those hearty salads that are meal in itself.
Once again I've gone to my "Mmmm ... salad" cookbook and have found a salad that looks like it will be rather hearty and yummy.
Here's the RECIPE for our dinner tonight:
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 50g red peppers (capsicum) diced
- 15ml / 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 100g cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 50g rocket
- 30g goat cheese sliced or crumbled to serve
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon runny honey
- 1 clove garlic peeled and crushed or finely chopped
- Rinse the chickpeas and put into a bowl.
- Add spring onions, red pepper, parsley and cherry tomatoes, mix well.
- To make dressing, which together the oil, vinegar, honey and garlic and stir into the chickpeas.
- Serve on a bed of rocket with the goat cheese sprinkled over.
I forgot to buy parsley when I went to the grocery store, so I just used the leftover coriander paste that I had from the bean and feta cheese that I made the other day.
Instead of cherry tomatoes, I used grape tomatoes just because I think grape tomatoes taste better and I like them better. :-)