- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups shredded carrots (about 4 small carrots)
- 1 jar Betty Crocker vanilla cream frosting
- Combine raisins and water in a small bowl. Let soak for 15 minutes. Drain raisins of water, discard water, set raisins aside.
- Grate carrots in Thermomix, speed 5 for 7 seconds - you want the carrots to still be quite chunky but small chunks, use your judgement about the size! Remove from Thermomix.
- Put eggs, oil and brown sugar into the Thermomix. Speed 7 for 5 seconds.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into Thermomix. Speed 7 for 5 seconds. Make sure it is mixed well. If not, give it another 3 seconds.
- Put in carrots and drained raisins. Reverse speed 7 for 15 seconds. Open lid, stir mix things around and make sure all the carrots and raisins are mixed through the batter. Reverse speed 7 for 20 seconds to make sure it is thoroughly mixed through.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Spray muffin tray with oil. Pour mixture into muffin tray and bake for 30 minutes or until muffins are ready (they should come out clean when you stick a knife in it).
- Repeat baking until all batter is gone.
- Let muffins cool for 30 minutes and then frost the muffins with the vanilla cream frosting.
I didn't have any raisins but had some sultanas in the pantry, so I used those instead.
I might have ended up with 4 cups of carrots instead of 3 because I was not sure of the quantity and used too many carrots.
I couldn't wait the full 30 minutes because I was so anxious to try it, so I only waited about 3 minutes, but that was for only 1 of the muffins that I just had to try immediately while it was still warm out of the oven. I love trying muffins while they are still warm out of the oven.
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd
Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
Cooking blog: http://dazinthekitchen.blogspot.com.au/
Twitter: @langshipley https://twitter.com/langshipley
Instagram: @langshipley http://instagram.com/langshipley
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/langshipley
Makeup and beauty blog: http://langshipley-deannasworld.blogspot.com.au/