As you may have seen in a previous post, I made butter and buttermilk scones in the Thermomix and that became part of a completely homemade Devonshire Tea.Of course, with any Devonshire Tea, one needs strawberry jam and so I used the Thermomix to whip up some of that.
I remember when we lived in the mountains and had an orchard. We would have so much fruit that we would not know what to do with it. I tried making my own jam and would end up with jars and jars and jars of it that I would not be able to finish. Then, we made some friends who would sell jam in the local markets and offered our fruit to them in exchange for some jars of jam they made, but even then, we would end up with jars and jars.
The Thermomix way is perfect. A single serve of jam every time.
Here's the RECIPE for the jam:
- 1 package strawberries (250g punnet)
- 1 granny smith apple, quartered and peeled
- 120 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste (or Extract)
- Add to thermomix bowl all ingredients.
- Cook for around 20 min/varoma/speed 1 (longer if you want thicker)- yummo!
- Blend for around 30 seconds / speed 4 if you want it smooth – quick, easy, DELICIOUS! Store in a sterilised glass jar in the fridge and with this quantity of sugar, will keep well for 1 month+ (if it lasts that long!)* Makes 1 small jar
This jam, of course, is a total hit with The Boy. He has enjoyed slathering gobs and gobs of it onto the scones that I've made to go with it for a lovely Devonshire Tea. I have even made a (very amateur) video on it, which I will link below.
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd
Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
Cooking blog: http://dazinthekitchen.blogspot.com.au/
Twitter: @langshipley https://twitter.com/langshipley
Instagram: @langshipley http://instagram.com/langshipley
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/langshipley
Makeup and beauty blog: http://langshipley-deannasworld.blogspot.com.au/