Monday, July 9, 2012

Off sick ... so an oldie but goodie, making risotto


It would appear that there is a stomach virus floating around and I have caught it. I've been nauseous and unwell for the entire weekend. In fact, aside from a few commitments, I spent most of the weekend in bed. My weekend which was supposed to be a fun weekend in The House with The Boy turned out to be me mostly tired and horizontal. Not much fun at all.

Today is Monday and I'm home from work because I woke up feeling miserable and dragged myself off to the doctor. Unfortunately, there was nothing the doctor could prescribe for me to make me feel better which was a bummer. I want drugs to make me feel better!!!

There has not been much cooking as a result and no planning of meals either. There are a few reasons for that, one because we were away and I was unwell, plus The Boy is away most of this week interstate for work.

I'm going to make a chicken and mushroom risotto for dinner tonight in the Thermomix, just because it's easy and it's yummy. I'm really not up to anything fancy or trying anything new.

There wasn't any Sunday night cooking of any note either. On Saturday, we had intended dinner to be our usual "The House" dinner which consists of hot dogs made with beef sausages and corn on the cob. However, after a rather late lunch, we weren't terribly hungry, The Boy had an apple and I had nothing cos I was laid up in bed feeling ill. Saturday night's dinner was brought forward to last night and between that and me not feeling well, last night's dinner was not terribly exciting.

Funny thing about the hot dogs though, The Boy claimed that the dinner last night did not taste as good in The Apartment as it does in The House. Odd, isn't it? The only thing that is really different is that instead of cooking the sausages on a BBQ grill, we cook the sausages in a pan. I guess the flavor is different cooked that way? Not entirely certain, but that could be the case.

Anyhow, I'll stop rambling now, which is mostly what I've been doing for this entire post, but I didn't want to just not post anything this week.

Other posts that I'm planning:


See you all when I'm feeling better!


© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment