Today is another horribly hot day - over 38 degrees C and for those who go in Farenheit, it's 100+ degrees, which is just way too much heat. I walked outside to film a video today and it felt like I was being slapped in the face with a radiator. We've had the AC going since about 10am.
The Boy decided that since it's so hot and nice cold drink treat would be fantastic and he picked out an ice coffee recipe from "A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey" by Sibel Hodge and I looked up a recipe in the Thermomix Everyday Cookbook and combined the two, with a dash of something extra for ourselves.
This is the RECIPE we came up with:
- 2 cups of non fat soy milk
- 4 shots of espresso coffee with 4 Equal or sweeteners of some sort
- 4 tablespoons of low fat vanilla ice cream
- 300g ice cubes
- 2tablespoons caramel sauce
- Put everything into the Thermomix bowl and blend on speed 10 for about 20 seconds.
- Check to see that all the ice has been blended smoothly. If not, blend again for another 10 seconds on speed 10 until the mixture is smooth. (The texture should be like an ice slushee).
- Pour into a glass and serve with a straw.
This makes 2 tall glasses of ice coffee slushees.
We didn't have much caramel sauce left, so only ended up using about 1 tablespoon of it, but 2 tablespoons would have brought out a bit more of the caramel flavor.
This was perfect for a hot summer day. Cold, slightly sweet and just the right thing. Also, since we used non fat milk, low fat ice cream, sweetener, it was a pretty low cal drink too, so it can be enjoyed without counting calories. :-)
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd
Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA: