Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Turkish-style scrambled eggs


I don't know if I've ever mentioned but The Boy is an absolute wiz when it comes to breakfast foods. He makes amazing pancakes, waffles and this incredible potato and chorizo dish for breakfast.


He's decided that he is going to try this new recipe he found in "A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey" by Sibel Hodge, which was Turkish-style scrambled eggs.

I love scrambled eggs. When I have plain scrambled eggs, I usually just load it up with ketchup and I love that combination of scrambled eggs and ketchup though The Boy things it's revolting. Heh! I like it!


Anyhow, here's the RECIPE for these scrambled eggs:

Ingredients:
  • 2 spring onion (shallots) - diced
  • 1 green pepper (capsicum) - diced
  • 2 tomatoes - peeled and diced
  • 4 eggs beaten with salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/2 cup of Turkish beyaz peynir cheese or feta cheese
  • 1 teaspoon dried chili flakes (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil for frying
  • Oregano and paprika for garnish

Instructions:
  • Fry onion and pepper in frying pan until soft and golden. Then add tomato into pan and cook for a few more minutes.
  • Pour in egg mixture and feta and stir continuously until it becomes a nice firm scrambled egg consistency.
  • Garnish and serve hot!

This serves two people but seriously, I could double the recipe and still eat it all. It's so good!!!

We only used 1 tomato because that was all that we had in the fridge and that was already plenty of tomato. I think from now on 1 tomato is enough.


We, of course, used the optional chili flakes because we like our chili and on top of that, we seasoned liberally with Tabasco sauce. I was experimenting on a new Habanero Tabasco sauce that we just got, so I had half my eggs with regular Tabasco sauce and half with the Habanero Tabasco sauce. I think the regular Tabasco sauce worked better.

Anyway, I highly, highly recommend this recipe for an alternative to regular scrambled eggs. Incredibly tasty!

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd

Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dazinthekitchen
Twitter: https://twitter.com/langshipley
Instagram: langshipley
Pinterest: https://pinterest.com/langshipley/

2 comments:

  1. Terrific recipe! It was a smash hit with my family... Thanks.

    ReplyDelete