The Boy has decided that he would like to learn how to cook pasta and tonight he's picked this recipe out of "A Gluten Free Taste of Turkey" by Sibel Hodge. Of course, this also means that he is the one doing the cooking with a few helpful hints from me.
He's never cooked pasta before so he doesn't actually know how to cook al dente pasta, which is super easy really - boil water, add salt and oil (some people say the oil isn't necessary but I like to add it only because it means that the pasta doesn't stick together as much) and then when the water is boiled put in pasta and cover the pot with a small gap to let steam out. Boil the pasta for EXACTLY 8 minutes and there you have it, al dente pasta every time.
Tonight, he's picked a prawn and chili pasta dish which is somewhat different from my garlic prawns with spaghetti dish. In Turkish, this dish is called "Aci biberli Sarimsakli Karides Makarna" to which the pronunciation, I'm certain that I would butcher if I had to say it out loud. I'm looking forward to trying it.
This would be our 3rd recipe out of this cookbook and the recipe looks simple yet delicious.
Here's the RECIPE for the dish:
- 115g gluten free pasta
- 4 cloves of garlic - crushed and chopped
- 1 cup of small prawns or approx 12 king prawns
- 2 - 4 spring onions - sliced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon fresh chili or dried chili flakes
- 3 - 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta until it's soft (see above for al dente instructions!).
- In the meantime, fry the garlic and spring onions in olive oil until cooked and soft.
- Add chili flakes and prawns and continue cooking. Turn prawns over to make sure both sides are cooked.
- Turn down to a low heat and cover with a lid to infuse the flavors for a few minutes.
- Drain the pasta, add into prawn mixture in frying pan and add more olive oil and salt to flavor.
- Toss the pasta with the prawn mixture until evenly mixed.
This recipe will serve 2 people.
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd
Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA: