The weather has been completely bonkers lately. It's late Fall / Autumn here and is the weather cooperating? No. Mind you, the weather has been close to perfect. Warm, sunny days, cool, clear nights, but still ... not the normal weather for this time of the year.
So ... salads. We are still having a few of those now and then because the weather isn't quite what we'd call "soup weather" yet. But it's getting there. :-) This morning was a little chilly when we woke up.
This is a particularly easy to make salad and also great for taking to friends when out visiting and you want to bring a dish. You can easily assemble the salad at home, put the dressing ready to go in a jar and it transports well. It also keeps well.
I've really enjoyed this particular salad. It's fresh but satisfying. Sometimes, I like to jush it up with some marinated feta if I want to get all fancy. It adds to the flavor.
Here's the recipe for this salad.
- 225g asparagus spears
- 1 lamb's lettuce, washed and torn
- 25g rocket
- 450g ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 12 black olives, stoned and sliced
- 1 tablespoon pine kernels, toasted
- 1 teaspoon lemon oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam asparagus spears for about 8 minutes or until tender. Rinse under cold running water to prevent them cooking any further, then cut into 2 inch pieces
- Arrange lettuce and rocket leaves around a salad platter to form the base of the salad. Place sliced tomatoes and asparagus on top. Add olives and pine kernels
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small jar, shake well and drizzle over salad. Serve.
This salad is super tasty and very simple to make. I hope you enjoy it.
I've also served it at dinner parties with guests and it makes a great accompaniment salad.
If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd
Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA: