Monday, September 21, 2020

Malaysian sambal stir-fry noodles


I was planning a kimchi noodle dish for lunch and I didn't plan ahead very well. When it came time to cook lunch I discovered that I didn't have any kimchi in my pantry. I usually keep a jar or two in my pantry for whenever I felt like cooking a kimchi dish. Alas, I used it up the last time I cooked a Korean dish and never restocked. So I had to improvise. I ended up with this Malaysian sambal stir-fry noodle dish since I spotted a jar of the Malaysian sambal stir-fry paste on my pantry shelf. Turned out great and there were no leftovers.


Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 500g fresh Hokkien noodles
  • 250g minced pork
  • 1 bunch broccolini, thinly sliced on the diagonal, leaving florets whole
  • 1 punnet grape tomatoes halved
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 10 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 inch of ginger, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
  • Oil
  • Coriander for garnish
  • Sliced red chili for garnish

Stir-fry sauce:

Instructions:
  • Mix all the ingredients of stir-fry sauce together and set aside.
  • Bring a pot of water to boil and set aside for noodles.
  • In a hot wok, add a tablespoon of oil. Add onion and cook for a minute. Add ginger and garlic and cook for another minute. Add minced pork and stir till pork is cooked through.
  • Add broccolini and stir through. Take 2 or 3 tablespoons of boiling water from pot and add into work. Stir through broccolini and cover with lid for about 2 minutes to steam through the broccolini. 
  • After 2 minutes, remove lid and add tomatoes. Continue to stir fry and cook the tomatoes till they soften. Takes about one or two minutes.
  • At the same time, put noodles into pot of boiling water and gently shake with tongs to loosen noodles. When the noodles are loosened thoroughly, drain noodles completely. This should only take a few seconds. Do not leave the noodles too long or they will overcook and become mushy.
  • Put noodles into wok with the rest of the ingredients and add stir-fry sauce into the wok. Stir through to mix the sauce thoroughly through all the noodles and the pork and vegetables are coated with sauce. Allow the sauce to simmer in the work for one or two minutes to evaporate and thicken slightly. Turn off heat.
  • Serve noodles on a plate and garnish with coriander and sliced chili. Enjoy.


If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment