Monday, August 31, 2020

Easy pork belly stir fried noodles


I've been having a craving for noodles for a while recently since we've been having a lot of leftovers after a particularly large batch of fish curry. Who knew that the recipe would cook such a large batch of curry? Not me! Anyway, we've diligently made our way through all the fish curry leftovers and I was more than ready for something different. I always love noodles and really, I like to have noodles at least once a week or I go into withdrawals. I had pork belly in the fridge and decided to throw this together. We do have leftovers though but I've reduced the recipe so that it serves four instead of eight here.


Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 500g thinly sliced pork belly with skin on
  • 500g fresh thin Chinese egg noodles
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil
  • 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
  • 2 baby bok choy, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • ¼ cup finely sliced spring onions
  • 1 large red chili sliced
  • 1 tsp sesame oil

Marinade:
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp Chinese Shaoxing wine

Stir-fry sauce:
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp oyster sauce
  • 1 tbsp Chinese Shaoxing wine
  • 2 tsp dark soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp Lao Gan Ma chili crisp sauce or any kind of chili oil (optional)
  • 1 tsp chili powder (optional for extra heat)
  • ½ tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp corn flour

Instructions:
  • Combine pork belly with the marinade ingredients. Set aside for later.
  • Combine the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce.
  • Heat a large pot of water over a high heat. When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook for less than half a minute. Drain and run under tap water until cooled completely. Drain well and set aside for later.
  • Heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan over high heat. Add pork belly and spread it out in the pan. Allow to sear for a minute before stir-frying. Then add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for another half a minute. Add baby bok choy and stir-fry for a couple of minute or until just tender but still crunchy. Add the noodles and the stir-fry sauce and stir-fry until well combined.
  • Toss through the spring onion but leave a little for garnish and drizzle over the sesame oil. Divide among serving plates, garnish with chili and spring onions, and serve.

Be very careful with the noodles and use a large pot. I made the mistake of using too small a pot for the amount of noodles I had and they didn't loosen up well enough and were a little clumpy. Try to avoid that if you can. It would help if you loosened up the noodles before putting them into the water which I didn't do. That was a mistake on my part. Live and learn. I'll know better next time.


If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment