Monday, August 10, 2020

Creamy tomato pesto and chicken pasta


Every now and then I fall back on an easy favorite. Some form of pesto pasta. Recently, when I went to the store, they didn't have basil pasta, so I ended up with tomato pesto instead. I did what I usually do with pesto and pasta and this I think turned out even tastier than my usual basil pesto pasta. I might like it a little better than the basil version and if you want basil pesto instead of tomato, just switch it out. Easy peasy.

I cheat a little with this recipe cos I don't bother to make my own pesto. I go to the refrigerator deli section of my grocery store and pick up a couple small tubs of chunky pesto dip. Doesn't matter if it's basil or tomato. This makes a great sauce with a little thickened cream.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 250gm pasta (I use penne but any kind of pasta works)
  • 3 chicken thighs
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bunch of asparagus, diced into 1cm pieces
  • 2 small tubs of chunky tomato pesto
  • 150ml thick cream
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chopped parsley for garnish

Instructions:
  • On a baking sheet, set out chicken thighs. Spray or drizzle olive oil on the chicken then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Put in oven at 200°C for 20 minutes. When chicken is ready, take out of oven and cut into bite size pieces and set aside. Cooked this way the chicken stays really juicy and tasty.
  • While chicken is cooking start cooking the pasta. Cook according to packet instructions.
  • Put some olive oil into a large frying pan. Add onions and garlic and cook for a minute or two. Do not burn the garlic. 
  • Add asparagus and cook for another 2 minutes until asparagus is cooked through but still crunchy.
  • Add chicken pieces and mix well.
  • Add tomato pesto and mix through everything. Cook lightly, stirring constantly for 1 or 2 minutes. 
  • Add cream and continue cooking on a low heat for another minute or two until the cream thickens slightly.
  • Add pasta and mix through thoroughly.
  • Serve and sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Enjoy

If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment