Monday, August 3, 2020

Hurricane cocktail with a twist


The Boy suggested we make a Hurricane cocktail. Of course, I take the opportunity to turn anything I can into a frozen cocktail because that's what I like. This one turned out great and I love the frothy, frozen texture. It went down a treat too.



The only difference from the original is I didn't have passionfruit juice, so I used pineapple chunks I already had in the fridge and blitzed them. They turned out delicious. It's a very tropical tasting cocktail. Plus we had oranges we needed to use, so this was the main reason for this cocktail. Our oranges in the estate's orange grove is going gangbusters right now. Lots of lovely ripe oranges. Now, all I need is a jaunty umbrella in my drink which I didn't have. I'll need to get some.

Here's the recipe:

Serves 2

Ingredients:
  • 2 ounces light rum
  • 2 ounces dark rum
  • 2 ounces passion fruit juice (I used pineapple chunks)
  • 1 ounce orange juice
  • 1/2 lime
  • 1 ounce simple syrup
  • 1/2 ounce grenadine
  • 2 handfuls ice
  • Garnish: maraschino cherry
  • Garnish: orange slice

Instructions:

  • Put everything into a blender and blitz until smooth. Enjoy

If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment