It would appear that the problem is with Facebook and it's ability to import a blog from an external source is permanent.
I've done a bit more googling (amazing how that's become a word, eh?) and found a bit more information.
I've followed the instructions.
I went through the Facebook help section, which is pitiful at best, still nada!
It would look like, for the time being, I'm going to have to manually post to two locations until this issue resolves itself, which might be never since some of the help queries have been posted since Feb 2010 and still unresolved.
Some people have offered up solutions, obviously people more technically minded than I am, but those solutions seem to be temporary.
I've spent enough time on this now - it was mildly amusing last night when I couldn't sleep and needed to pass some time. Now it's just a waste of time.
Unfortunately, with a lot of technology these days, workaround abound.
My workaround is to post in two places, which is not the most efficient, but it gets it done.