Thursday, November 25, 2010

World - national cashew day



Did you know there is such a thing as “National Cashew Day”?

I missed it!

It was on November 23rd and I only found out about it today – 2 days  later!

There ACTUALLY is such a thing. Who knew? Did you?

It would appear that National Cashew Day has been celebrated all around the world for over 100 years. Power to the cashew!

It started when women would dedicate an entire day to cooking all their meals using cashews – sweet dishes, savoury dishes and even drinks. Ever had a cashew flavoured drink?

After a few years, the restaurants and hotels caught on and they also started one day to this nut and preparing specialty dishes to it.

From then on, National Cashew Day was born.

In general, I’m not a fan of nuts but I have to say that I do enjoy a good cashew. It’s one of Steve’s favourites – salted, roasted cashews. He tends to eat them by the bowlful so now we don’t have any cashews in the house anymore because he gobbles them down and too much of anything is not good for you.

Honey roasted cashews are nice too but after a few of those they tend to get a bit too sweet. You can’t eat them in vast quantities.

Well, so you have it. Happy belated National Cashew Day.

I’m off in search of a National Peanut Day and see if I can’t dedicate a post to my dad since he’s such a nut (ha ha) lover – peanuts, that is.

Source: What is the origin of National Cashew Day

No comments:

Post a Comment