Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Roasted root vegetables

Last night, because I'm still on antibiotics, we decided on a simple dinner that was "bland" but still delicious. Now, don't get me wrong, bland does not mean no taste here. Medically speaking, when they tell you bland diet, it means no spicy hot food, no high fibre foods, no dairy, no caffeine and no alcohol. It's not the easiest thing in the world to adhere to because, well, I like my spicy food. But I digress ...

We cooked! The Boy helped because he's been taking cooking lessons and he's been right handy in the kitchen. I'm loving him cooking with me. The best part for me was the fact that he helped clean up too and the kitchen was spotless when he was done!

I would like to point out that this is super easy and very tasty.



Here's my RECIPE for roasted root vegetables:

Ingredients:

Instructions:
  • Cut the vegetables into 2cm chunks and toss into large mixing bowl
  • When all the vegetables are done, put into a large ziploc bag (it has to be large enough to fit all the vegetables)
  • Pour in a very generous amount of olive oil
  • Put in honey
  • Sprinkle in a very, very generous serving of the Masterfoods Seasoning All Purpose - Seasoned Salt
  • Close the ziploc bag tightly
  • Grab the bag by the sides and start to move all the vegetables around in the bag until the olive oil, honey and seasoned salt is thoroughly mixed through all the vegetables
  • Take a roasting pan and spray lightly with oil
  • Turn on oven and heat to 180dC
  • Pour vegetables out of the bag into the roasting pan and squeeze out any of remaining seasoning
  • Lay the vegetables out flat in roasting pan and put into oven
  • Cook in oven for 30 - 45 minutes until the vegetables are soft and they are slightly blackened around the edges
  • Take out of oven, cool slightly and serve


Note: if you do not have any Seasoned Salt, you can also just use salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment