Friday, March 30, 2012

Moist orange and almond birthday cake


Looking at my blog archives tonight, I noticed that I have only posted 10 (11 including this one) blog posts this month compared to 43 in February, which is totally pathetic. My only excuse is that I have started working full time and I haven't been cooking as much at night or even doing dinner parties. It's no excuse, I know, but still ...

This month is my birthday month. Yeah, I'm a March baby. My birthday was a couple of weeks ago and The Boy treated me very well.

I had a pre-birthday dinner at our favorite pub - HUX @ Nortons, followed by a birthday lunch at our favorite seafood restaurant - Fish at the Rocks, and finally a post-birthday dinner with some friends at home, catered by the incredible Jay Huxley.

It was a lovely ride, of course. I love birthdays and I especially love my birthday. I get all silly and giddy about it being my birthday and The Boy knows how much I love it, so he makes a big fuss.

Each year, as a tradition, which we've done for many, many years now, we both take the day off work for the day of my birthday and we spend the day together. This year was no different, and thanks to a very understanding new boss, I got the day off.

The Boy took me to one of my favorite stores to let me pick out my birthday gift, which he had already decided on but wanted me to be happy with before he picked it up. Then lunch at our favorite seafood restaurant and a lovely night in just hanging out and enjoying each others' company. I even got an extra cuddle on account of it being my birthday.

The dinner which Jay catered was incredible and I'll share the photos from that dinner on another post. I really should have done that sooner but I've been remiss.

The Best Bud brought dessert which also doubled as my birthday cake - which is that lovely orange cake. It's an almond and orange cake and it is the most moist cake I have ever had. It was incredibly delicious too. I'm sorry that I do not have a recipe for this cake, since he bought it from a store, but you can probably find a whole host of recipes online. Plus, if your baking skills are even a little bit better than mine, you'll get pretty good results.

So that's it for a quick post because I wanted to actually mention my birthday during the month of my birthday. :-)


© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny’s Fortunes Pty Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment