- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup steak sauce (like A1 or Worchestershire)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons beef stock powder
- 2 teaspoons of corn flour mixed with a little bit of water
- Provolone cheese
- Sliced pickles / gherkins
- Olive oil
- Hamburger buns
- Crumble the ground beef into a skillet and add the chopped onion and pepper.
- Begin to cook, when the beef is about half cooked, add the spices, broth and steak sauce.
- Cook until all items are done and allow to simmer. While simmering, add in corn flour mixture to thicken sauce and continue to cook down/thicken.
- Heat a pan on the stove with some olive oil drizzled right around the pan
- Slice open buns and place the flat side on to the pan and toast the bun till it is golden brown. It's okay if it gets a bit burnt! You may have to rotate the buns to get them toasted equally.
- Heat your oven to 180°C.
- Place buns toasted side up on top of a baking / cookie sheet lined with foil and fill them with the meat mixture.
- Top each one with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Place in the oven or under the broiler / grill for 3 minutes to melt cheese.
- Once cheese is melted, top with a few slices of the pickles / gherkin and serve.
If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd
Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
Cooking blog: http://dazinthekitchen.blogspot.com.au/
Twitter: @langshipley https://twitter.com/langshipley
Instagram: @langshipley http://instagram.com/langshipley
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/langshipley
Makeup and beauty blog: http://langshipley-deannasworld.blogspot.com.au/