Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Crispy balsamic and sea salt kale chips



I sincerely apologize for the lack of blog posts in the last month. I had posts scheduled, then I got busy and hadn't realized there weren't anymore scheduled posts. I dropped the ball. Sorry. I'm going to do my best to get back on track, but I won't promise anything as I'm back to full time work for a little while and things might get hectic. I'm already stressing about all the other stuff I have committed to do that have to find time for, on top of full time work. :-/

These kale chips are a recent favorite of ours. They are great for a healthy, high protein snack and I find them to be quite satisfying. They are slightly sweet from the caramelized balsamic vinegar and slightly salty from the sea salt. All in all, a very satisfying combination.

BTW, the chips taste a lot better than they look!!

Here's the recipe for these kale chips. It's super simple.

Ingredients:
  • 1 head kale, washed and thoroughly dried
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon caramelised balsamic vinegar
  • Sea salt, for sprinkling

Instructions:
  • Preheat the oven to 175°C.
  • Remove the ribs from the kale and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. 
  • Put into a large salad bowl and toss with the caramelised balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt. 
  • Bake until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, about 20 - 25 minutes. Serve as finger food.

If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page. 


© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment