Thursday, April 7, 2016

Grilled garlic and chili baby octopus and prawn salad with chimmichurri dressing ... in the air fryer


So, I'm in a bloggity mood right now and we're home for a long weekend, which means a bit more cooking coming out of me. I'm giving the air fryer a good work out. Tonight I decided to combine some leftover chimmichurri sauce with some grilled baby octopus and prawns in a salad.

This is one of those super easy meals I like to throw together when we want something light and tasty. The seafood adds protein and makes the salad substantial which gives us a proper meal.

Here's what I had going on:

Ingredients:
  • 8 whole baby octopus (frozen - you can use fresh if you want)
  • 12 (largish) prawns peeled and deveined (frozen - you can use fresh if you want)
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon chili flakes
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt to taste

For the salad:
  • 60g mixed lettuce leaves (I use half a 120g bag I get from the grocery store)
  • 125g grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 Spanish onion, quartered and sliced
  • 2 sprigs of Spring onions, chopped

For the dressing:

Instructions:
  • Preheat your air fryer to 180°C
  • In a large bowl, toss in your frozen baby octopus, prawns, minced garlic, chili flakes, olive oil and salt. Mix thoroughly
  • Place seasoned frozen baby octopus and prawns into air fryer. Cook at 180°C for 12 minutes
  • Remove when done

For salad:
  • Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl
  • Add 1/2 cup of the chimmichurri sauce into sald
  • Add a little extra olive oil if necessary, depending on how much olive oil you have in your chimmichurri sauce. You don't need any if there's plenty to mix through the salad
  • Mix sauce and salad

To serve:
  • Plate salad
  • Top salad with cooked baby octopus and prawns
  • Scoop remaining chimmichurri sauce and place on top of baby octopus and prawns
  • Take a picture (optional)
  • Serve and enjoy!

I know this looks like a lot of steps but I promise, this is super simple. The air fryer does all the work and gives you beautiful grilled baby octopus and prawns in a jiffy.

If you do use fresh baby octopus and fresh prawns, don't cook it as long. Try for 8 minutes in the air fryer, check it and if it's not done enough, do another 2 extra minutes. You don't need much longer than that.

With the minced garlic for seasoning, I said 4 cloves of garlic above. You can use more or use less depending on your taste and how much you like garlic. I love garlic, so I tend to use a lot more. I usually go with about 8 to 10 cloves of minced garlic. I know, that's a lot of garlic, but you should see my braised garlic chicken recipe. I think I'm up to about 140 cloves of garlic in that thing now!! :-)

This is a super tasty salad and perfect for a one dish meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment