This is one of those super easy meals I like to throw together when we want something light and tasty. The seafood adds protein and makes the salad substantial which gives us a proper meal.
Here's what I had going on:
- 8 whole baby octopus (frozen - you can use fresh if you want)
- 12 (largish) prawns peeled and deveined (frozen - you can use fresh if you want)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
For the salad:
- 60g mixed lettuce leaves (I use half a 120g bag I get from the grocery store)
- 125g grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Spanish onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 sprigs of Spring onions, chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 cup chimmichurri sauce
- Olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 180°C
- In a large bowl, toss in your frozen baby octopus, prawns, minced garlic, chili flakes, olive oil and salt. Mix thoroughly
- Place seasoned frozen baby octopus and prawns into air fryer. Cook at 180°C for 12 minutes
- Remove when done
- Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl
- Add 1/2 cup of the chimmichurri sauce into sald
- Add a little extra olive oil if necessary, depending on how much olive oil you have in your chimmichurri sauce. You don't need any if there's plenty to mix through the salad
- Mix sauce and salad
- Plate salad
- Top salad with cooked baby octopus and prawns
- Scoop remaining chimmichurri sauce and place on top of baby octopus and prawns
- Take a picture (optional)
- Serve and enjoy!
I know this looks like a lot of steps but I promise, this is super simple. The air fryer does all the work and gives you beautiful grilled baby octopus and prawns in a jiffy.
If you do use fresh baby octopus and fresh prawns, don't cook it as long. Try for 8 minutes in the air fryer, check it and if it's not done enough, do another 2 extra minutes. You don't need much longer than that.
With the minced garlic for seasoning, I said 4 cloves of garlic above. You can use more or use less depending on your taste and how much you like garlic. I love garlic, so I tend to use a lot more. I usually go with about 8 to 10 cloves of minced garlic. I know, that's a lot of garlic, but you should see my braised garlic chicken recipe. I think I'm up to about 140 cloves of garlic in that thing now!! :-)
This is a super tasty salad and perfect for a one dish meal. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd
Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA: