Saturday, May 2, 2020

Asparagus and bacon frittata



A few years ago we went paleo and ate a lot of eggs. Lots and lots of eggs. While it didn't necessarily put me off eggs, after we went off the paleo diet we didn't eat as many eggs as we did during the diet. I guess I needed a break. The Boy has been asking for dishes with eggs more frequently because I guess he's missing them.

While in isolation, I have been shopping less frequently and being creative about eating what I have in the fridge, freezer, and pantry. Today, I had asparagus, bacon bits, and eggs. I thought a frittata would make a nice lunch. This is what I threw together based on what was in the fridge. It turned out very tasty. The Boy had seconds and thirds.

Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into small pieces
  • 150g bacon pieces
  • 1/2 punnet grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 10 eggs
  • 1 cup mozarella or any other kind of shredded cheese
  • 1/4 cup cream
  • Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
  • Halve the tomatoes and set aside.
  • Cut the asparagus into small 1/2 inch pieces, leaving the tips in 2 inch pieces and set aside.
  • Brown bacon in a pan until slightly crispy, remove from pan and set aside.
  • Break eggs into a mixing bowl and beat well. Add cream and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  • Add 1/2 inch asparagus pieces, bacon, and cheese into beaten eggs in mixing bowl and mix well. Add chili flakes if you are using them and mix.
  • Grease a quiche dish and pour egg mixture. Top mixture with remaining asparagus tips and halved tomatoes. Arrange as you like.
  • Put in oven at 180°C and cook for 30 minutes or until down. Check partway and if the top is browning too quickly cover with foil and continue cooking to prevent top from burning.
  • When ready, serve and enjoy.

If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment