Monday, May 18, 2020

Stir fried tomato and egg on rice



Over the years, my tastes have changed and as a result, my cooking has changed. This blog has seen me start to learn to cook. Experiment with all sorts of things. Buy a Thermomix (there are lots of Thermomix recipes here), go paleo, and now an Asian phase. There's still a huge mix of Western and Asian in my cooking but I'm expanding my horizons progressively. This is a journey.


I recently learned probably one of the most basic stir fry dishes ever. Stir fried tomato and egg. I serve it over rice which I cook in chicken stock because it's tastier and The Boy loves chicken stock rice. It's such a simple and delicious dish. Great for vegetarians too, just leave out the chicken stock or use a vegetable stock.

Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 4 large tomatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
  • 6 large eggs, beaten
  • 2 sprigs of shallots/spring onions, chopped into 1 inch tubes
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Sugar
  • Corn starch slurry
  • 1 cup chicken stock

Rice:
  • 1 cup rice
  • 3 cups of water or chicken stock (I use chicken stock cos it's tastier) or vegetable stock if you are vegetarian

Garnish: (optional)
  • Fresh red chilis, sliced

Instructions:
  • Prep all the ingredients
  • Heat wok, add some oil, put in tomatoes. Season with pinch of salt and sugar. Squish the tomatoes a bit and let it cook. Add stock and spring onions, and cornflour slurry. Cook until the sauce thickens a little. Remove into a bowl.
  • Scrape wok clean. Rinse slightly if you're feeling energetic.
  • Heat wok, add some oil. Put in eggs and move the eggs gently around like you are scrambling the eggs but keep it a bit runny.
  • Add tomatoes back to wok. Heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  • Garnish and serve over rice.

Cook rice:
  • Put rice into a pot. Pour in hot stock, cover with a lid and bring to a boil (about 3 minutes). Once boiled, turn heat down to medium and simmer for 15 minutes until all the stock has evaporated.
  • Once ready, let the rice sit (do not remove lid of pot) for about 5 minutes.


If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment