Monday, May 11, 2020

Easy stir fried noodles



For years and years, I have said that I would not cook Asian food and if I wanted it I would go eat at my mum's house. Well, that's not exactly working right now with the quarantine and lockdown, is it? And recently, I've really gotten into watching Asian cooking videos on YouTube. I finally bit the bullet and started stocking Asian grocery staples in my pantry (don't even ask me about trying to find space in my pantry for it all!!) and started cooking my own Asian food. It's noodle and rice dishes mostly, but also some curries as well.


I've become quite enamored with this easy stir fry noodle this. This is the base recipe that I'm sharing but the variations are endless. For starters, you can use whatever type of noodle you like. Our two favorites are Hokkien or Udon noodles. The Boy loves the Udon noodles. I switch it up. And of course, you can really use whatever meat or protein you like, and whatever vegetables you have on hand. With the veggies, just be sure to put in the ones that take the longest to cook first, such as carrots or capsicums before leafy greens.

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
  • 3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 inch hunk of ginger, minced
  • 1 carrot, sliced
  • 2 baby bok choy, cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 onion, cut into eighths
  • 250g minced pork
  • 1 packet hokkien or udon noodles, fresh or shelf stable
  • Olive oil

Sauce:
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup oyster sauce
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon white vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)

Garnish: (optional)
  • Coriander 
  • Fresh red chilis

Instructions:

  • Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
  • Heat a wok or large fry pan and add oil. Put in onions, garlic and ginger, fry for one minute.
  • Add mince pork, break up into small pieces and cook through.
  • Add carrots and cook for 2 minutes.
  • Add bok choy and cook for 2 minutes.
  • In the meantime, in a pot of boiling water, place noodles and jiggle gently until loose. Remove immediately. Do not overcook or the noodles will go soggy.
  • Add noodles to the wok. Add sauce to the wok and stir fry until everything is well coated with sauce. 
  • To serve, plate and garnish with coriander and fresh chilis. Enjoy.


If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment