Sunday, April 26, 2020

Chinese sausage "lap cheong" rice and egg


It's been a very long time since I've posted a recipe. No, I haven't stopped cooking but I have not been creating many new recipes and I've been getting a lot of my inspiration from YouTube videos. A particular favorite is Marion's Kitchen right now for a lot of Asian dishes. If you are interested in seeing my dishes from recipes inspired by others, I'm happy to share them.

Today's recipe is a simple family favorite. I think just about every Chinese family would make some variation of this dish. Probably minus the eggs most times. The eggs are a suggestion from a friend recently and I found I really enjoy this dish topped with an egg. Shout out to my friend for her suggestion.

Without blathering on much longer, here's the recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 2 pork (light) Chinese sausage, thinly sliced on the diagonal
  • 2 liver (dark) Chinese sausage, thinly sliced on the diagonal
  • 1 cup of jasmine rice
  • 3 cups of beef stock or water (if you prefer a plainer rice)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons sesame oil
  • 2 eggs per person
  • Coriander to garnish
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
  • Slice Chinese sausages and set aside
  • In a large pot or deep frying pan with a lid, put uncooked jasmine rice. Top with hot water or beef stock, cover with lid and put on high heat for 3 minutes to bring to a boil. Once boiling reduce flame to medium low and simmer for 8 minutes,
  • After 8 minutes, place Chinese sausage evenly across the top of the rice. replace lid and continue to cook for another 7 minutes.
  • Once rice is done, cook eggs sunny side up, 2 per person. Grind some salt and pepper on top of eggs to taste. Once eggs are done, set aside. 
  • Remove lid from rice and drizzle soy sauce and sesame oil over sausages. Mix thoroughly, tossing sausages through the rice.
  • To serve, spoon rice with Chinese sausage onto shallow bowl or plate. Top with eggs and garnish with a sprinkling of coriander leaves. Enjoy.

If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment