Saturday, December 24, 2011

F-F-F-Friday (Part Deux) - Reading list

I wanted to write about my reading for the year since we're on the theme of reading with my last post but mostly, I'm doing this because I wanted to post all the pretty pictures of the covers of the books that I've read throughout the year.

I set myself a goal of reading 100 books this year and I have as of today exceeded it by 59 books. I'm expecting that by December 31st, I'll like go over by a few more. Goodreads keeps suggesting that I up my reading goal but I haven't done that so I'm sitting at 159% out of 100% which is actually quite nice. I suppose I could have upped my goal, but the reality was I wanted to see how I exceeded my original goal. Last year, I only read 101 books. This year I had started out very strong, reading an average of about 25 to 30 books a month, but that fell off in the middle of the year as life got busy and we traveled a bit.

My reading consists mostly of romances (I'm a sucker for a happy ending) in most of it's sub-genres (except possibly Westerns) with a few thrillers, suspense, humour and non fiction thrown in. I'm not counting the cookbooks that I read either 'cos that's just research.

Before I add all the pretty pictures of the book covers of books I've read, here are some of the highlights of my reading year: (not in any particular order, these books are all ones that have made an impact on my reading life - taken my breath away, made me laugh, made me cry, gave me characters that I cared about and made me want the book to last forever) ...






And now ... here are all the books I read this year ... (oooo ... pretty pictures ... ) *me making googly eyes*









Okay, I admit, this post has been rather self-indulgent. I'm rolling around in one of my great loves - reading. I'm also cheating by having two F-F-F-Friday posts so that I can indulge but WTH ... it's my blog and it's coming on Christmas.

Merry Christmas everyone because that's tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful time with family and loved ones.



© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny’s Fortunes Pty Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment