Anyhow, back to the potatoes ... I'm sure my potato world would expand since I'm rather keen on making some potato au gratin but need to come up with a suitable menu that would justify that dish.
So without further ado, here are the other recipes.
My RECIPE for crispy golden potatoes. A favorite of mine because it is super tasty. Since I've already posted this recipe previously, you can find it here.
I like to get the potatoes super, super crispy, so they are a very golden brown (just don't burn them). The crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, along with the herbs adding flavors to the potatoes make them super yummy and a great side dish.
The other potato dish that I particularly like is the hasselback potato. This one's pretty funky looking, which might be part of the reason I really like it, aside from the fact that it's mucho tasty too. Here's the RECIPE for it.
Ingredients (serves 12):
- 24 (about 6kg) desiree potatoes
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Grated parmessan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Wash potatoes and put in cold water, bring to boil and cook potatoes until soft but still firm
- Take potatoes out of water
- Place 1 potato on a board and cut into half lengthways.
- Place the potato half between two chopsticks and slice evenly at 3mm to 5mm intervals (depending on how thin you want the intervals) all the way across the potato.
- Repeat for all the potatoes.
- Add oil, garlic and rosemary to potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top potatoes with parmessan cheese.
- Place in a greased roasting pan. Bake in oven for 1 hour or until golden brown and crisp.
- Transfer to a serving bowl to serve.
This is a pretty big recipe since it serves 12, but of course, you can adjust the portions to the number of people you are serving. My rule of thumb again, one medium sized potato per person, but then, we don't eat a lot of potato. A friend of mine said that whenever they cooked potatoes in their house, they had to allow for 6 potatoes per person, which to me seems to be a whole lot of potatoes.
All these potatoes! Are you a potato lover? What's your favorite way of cooking potatoes? More importantly, what's your favorite way of eating your potatoes?
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny’s Fortunes Pty Ltd