Monday, June 22, 2020

Kimchi and minced pork noodles


I've been experimenting with more Asian cooking recently and came across a video using kimchi to cook in noodles. I thought it sounded interesting and well, I like kimchi. Wasn't sure how The Boy was going to enjoy it since the kimchi flavor is pretty strong. Turns out he loved it.


If you are worried about the kimchi flavor overpowering this dish, I don't think you need to be too worried. It's generally a very flavorful dish and the kimchi doesn't dominate since it's softened by the tomatoes, miso paste, and other ingredients. It's still a strong flavor profile but man, it's very, very tasty. If you try this, I hope you enjoy it.

BTW, you can use any meat you like. I just happened to have mince pork in the freezer so that's what I used. And I used shelf-stable Udon noodles since that was what I had too.

Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 250g dry spaghetti or any other shape of pasta or any type of noodle you like
  • 1 tbsp unsalted butter
  • 250g minced pork, beef or chicken
  • 1 punnet cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup kimchi, chopped
  • 2 tbsp miso or doenjang (Korean fermented soy bean paste)
  • 1/4 cup sake or water or chicken stock
  • 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • Continental parsley or spring onions for garnish

Instructions:
  • Cook pasta in salted boiling water by following the directions of the package.
  • Meanwhile, heat a wok or a large skillet over medium high heat, add butter and let it melt. When butter is melted add minced pork and cook until minced pork is fully cooked and brown edges.
  • Add tomatoes and cook slightly until softened.
  • Stir in kimchi, miso, sake and black pepper and cook everything together about 4 minutes. If the sauce gets too thick too fast, add 1/4 cup of pasta water at a time.
  • Stir in cooked and drained pasta or noodles into kimchi sauce and toss everything together.
  • Garnish and serve. Enjoy!


If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment