Monday, June 15, 2020

Creamy mushroom and bacon pasta


The Boy saw a friend of his post this recipe and asked for it. He said it looked good and wanted me to make it for us. Guess what? It is good.


You can use whatever pasta you like. I had some tagliatelle and used that. Otherwise, I think I would have used fettuccine or linguine. One entire packet of pasta is a lot so depending on how many people you are cooking for, you might want to adjust the amount. I used a whole packet and ended up with a heap of leftovers. I'd say this recipe can easily serve six.

I'd also use more cream or sour cream if you like a bit more sauce on your pasta. The amount on this recipe just coated the pasta and didn't leave much extra. Personally, I like a bit more sauce, so I'd use a bit more next time.

Here's the recipe:


Ingredients:
  • 4 eyes of bacon, chopped
  • 4 green shallots, finely sliced
  • 200g mushrooms, finely sliced
  • 1 green chilli, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 300ml cream or half cream, half sour cream for a less sweet flavor
  • 1 packet fresh egg fettuccine, feel free to make your own or use dry pasta
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Finely chopped parsley

Ingredients:
  • Cook the pasta according to directions and drain, reserving 1/3 cup of the liquid
  • Cook the bacon until golden and crisp
  • Add the chilli and garlic and cook for a few minutes
  • Add the mushrooms and cook stirring occasionally until cooked through
  • Add the shallots and cream/sour cream
  • Add the reserved liquid and then stir through the cooked, drained pasta
  • Add salt and pepper to taste
  • Sprinkle with parsley and serve


If you do make this, be sure to post pictures for me to see either on Instagram - be sure to tag me with @langshipley or on my Daz In The Kitchen Facebook page.

© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny's Fortunes Pty Ltd


Find me around SOCIAL MEDIA:
blogger  blogger  rss  facebook  twitter  instagram  email  youtube  pinterest  google+  goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment