Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dyed blue and bleached

I do not know what in the world possessed me to do the laundry today, but I did.



The last time I did the laundry it was a disaster and was thereafter banned from doing the laundry.

The boy has been doing laundry ever since.

Today for some unknown reason I decided to do the laundry – more specifically washing a white slip of mine, the tablecloth we used for wine tasting last night and some tea towels.

Now, all would have went well if I had the presence of mind to separate the colors from the white, but I didn’t.

In fact, in one fell swoop of efficiency I tossed in the tea towels (of various shades of blue) in with the white slip and tablecloth.

The result?

A lovely pale blue slip and tablecloth.

And it wasn’t even a surprise – I found out WHILE IT WAS WASHING because I was so pleased with myself, I actually went into the laundry to check on it and lo and behold! There! Spinning round and round was my lovely white slip and tablecloth – now blue!



I freaked out … naturally!

Richard (Elissa’s husband) walks into the laundry to check it out and comments: “Wow! That’s really blue!”

Gee, thanks Rich! Like I didn’t know that already!

Anyway, Richard very calmly says to me: “Never mind. You can bleach it.”

So after the wash cycle, I dutifully hung up the now blue items and let them dry.

After they dried I poured half a bottle of bleach into a bucket along with some very hot water and let the two items soak for a couple of hours.

The result this time?

White!

Blinding, brilliant white!

So white the eyes hurt!

So white they were even whiter than before they turned blue!

WHITE!!!!

Conclusion:

Deanna and the washing machine do not mix.

Deanna and the bottle of bleach work very well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment