Friday, January 20, 2012

F-F-F-Friday - Weird eating habits

It's Friday again in my neck of the woods, so time for another F-F-F-Friday post - most likely the last one. I think I'm going to miss them, but also think that I would enjoy the flexibility of not being specifically tied to Friday for a F-F-F-Friday post. :-)

As an aside: the blog has looked a bit like a for sale site the last few days - we're listing things for sale, eBay or otherwise. eBay has sucked so far. The things I have listed have garnered no interest at all. Could be I'm listing sucky things and they might be better off in a garage sale. I don't know. We're in an apartment, a garage sale is rather difficult to pull off - especially with the security in the building. Anyhoooo ... the reason for my posting stuff here too? I'm taking advantage of the fact that I can format the listing for eBay here, post pictures here and not have to pay extra for the photos that I'm including in the listing. They want to charge from between 50c to $1 for each extra photo and with a few photos that starts to add up. Add to that the fact that the listings are not going so well, you can see why I don't want to waste too much money on extras but still get the full listing with pictures and all. I'm taking advantage of the HTML code generated by this blog. :-) And BTW ... so far, it's a lot of effort for not a lot of return.

Anyway, on the the main topic of today's post ...

Now I don't know about other peoples' eating habits but mine have been downright strange this past several weeks.


I've been eating rather erratically of late. I do eat breakfast, then possibly lunch which may or may not be a proper lunch considering how I feel and then get to evening when it's time for dinner and I have no appetite at all. I just do not feel like eating at all, to which I usually force something down because I need food for my meds.

On top of that, I'm also off most meats, except chicken but only in small pieces. If you put a steak in front of me, chances are it would turn my stomach, I'd get one or two bites in and then start pushing my food around my plate. I seem to be ok with light carbs (tortilla shells, small amounts of rice, oats porridge, a slice of bread), certain fruits (rock melon, the odd banana) and jello (or as I call them jelly cups, which consists of a small cup of flavored jello with some fruit in it).


My dinner of choice for the last week has been Promite (which is similar to Vegemite, only less salty) and shredded cheese in a tortilla shell, microwaved for a short while to melt the cheese. I can manage two mini tortilla shells of those before I am feeling very, very full. Odd! It's quite possibly my stomach is shrinking but I don't know from what.

A friend of mine had asked if it was stress related but I don't feel particularly stressed (either that or my subconscious is repressing the stress) at the moment. There are a few things going on that could be considered stressful but I'm quite determined not to let it get me down.


Mind you, I'm not in any danger of wasting away nor am I on the verge of developing an eating disorder - though if I was developing an eating disorder, would I know it? I think I'm eating enough to keep going but I'm just not eating all that much or rather, I'm eating what I would consider normally during meal times.

A typical day would consist of one slice of toast for breakfast or a small bowl of oats porridge, some odd thing for lunch that I cannot even define (which tends to be my best meal, quantity-wise) and then (if I can get away with it) the equivalent of one slice of toast for dinner, plus a jelly cup for breakfast. I don't think it's a lot of food.


I'm not concerned enough to go see a doctor about it yet, plus I don't seem to be losing any weight. If I am, I certainly can't tell. Besides, losing weight is a good thing, considering my doctor actually wants me to lose 10 lbs. :-)


What do you think? Should I be concerned that I'm eating rather weird lately?



© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny’s Fortunes Pty Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment