It's a messy job but someone's got to do it and that someone was The Boy!!! Well, okay, I did help, which made shaping the meatballs go a lot quicker.
The Boy wanted Swedish meatballs for dinner tonight, which meant meatballs, creamy mushroom sauce with fettuccine. (We seem to be eating a lot of pasta with our meals lately).
We decided that we would make our own meatballs. We've bought meatballs from the grocery store before and they were quite decent, but decided to make them ourselves this time.
Here's what we did:
- 500g mince beef
- 1 small onion chopped finely
- 1 carrot chopped finely
- 4 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 bunch of chived chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- Oil (any sort other than olive oil)
- Mix all the ingredients (except the oil) thoroughly in a large bowl
- Form into small round balls
- Heat a pan and fill with about 1cm of oil
- Cook meatballs in oil until golden brown
The recipe made about 30 meatballs, of which we ate about 10 tonight. The rest we've put in the freezer for another meal or two.
The verdict? The Boy says it tasted exactly the way he expected it to taste. :-)
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny’s Fortunes Pty Ltd