Well, our pizza dough didn't rise as much as it should have, though I'm not entirely certain of that.
We rolled it out on a baking sheet and rolling pin and it came out looking very lopsided. We decided that we could live with a lopsided pizza. Really, what choice did we have? I'm sure those pizza guys spend years perfecting their craft of throwing those perfect pizza rounds.
Toppings on the pizza included:
- Homemade pizza sauce
- 1/4 onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 green capsicum sliced thinly
- 4 mushrooms sliced thinly
- 6 cloves of garlic (we like garlic)
- Chili flakes (use or leave out depending on whether you like your spice or not)
- Homemade salami sliced thinly (courtesy of The Best Bud)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
We've put it into the oven and now hoping for the best.
UPDATE: The pizza turned out to be very tasty despite it's very unfortunate shape, which we didn't notice while eating it. :-)
UPDATE 2: The Boy tells me that my recipe does not provide enough instructions, so here's the rest of it.
Here's my RECIPE for my homemade pizza sauce:
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato paste
- Some Italian herbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
This makes a fair bit of sauce so what I like to do is use small baggies and make up single serves of pizza sauce to freeze for future use.
To prepare the sauce:
- Blend the diced tomatoes until smooth
- Add the tomato paste and herbs
- Place everything into a small pot
- Heat over the stove and bring to a boil
- Simmer gently for 1 hour, making sure the sauce doesn't dry out (if it is starting to look too dry or thick, just add some water)
- Add the salt and pepper to taste
- Set it out to cool before using
And to put it all together:
- First of all, use about 4 or 5 tablespoons of the pizza sauce and spread all over the pizza base
- Then spread the minced garlic and sprinkle the chili flakes over the base
- After that, add a thin layer of the shredded cheese on the base
- Once that is done, layer the rest of your ingredients on the base
- Top with more shredded cheese and put into oven to cook at 160dC for about 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown
Hope your pizza turns out fabulous.
© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny’s Fortunes Pty Ltd