Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pepperoni pizza puffs

I have recently been introduced to Pinterest by a friend of mine. I was warned that it would be a complete time suck and I signed up anyway, just 'cos there were things there that I really liked the look of.

Upon my first moments of browsing the site, I came across a recipe for Pepperoni Pizza Puffs that looked really delicious and quite easy to make. Also as it happens, The Boy was having some work people over to the apartment for drinks that afternoon and I thought "hmmm... I could make those!" and I did. They turned out to be very tasty and as one of the guys said, "these are very more-ish".


I can't recall where the original recipe came from now, so I apologies into the ether which is the Internet to the person I got this recipe from. I do acknowledge that I got it from you. *sending "thank you" thoughts*

Anyway, these are great for a snack, for a party or just frozen to pull out and defrosted to much on while watching TV. Here's the RECIPE:

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
  • pinch of salt
  • pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
  • 3/4 cup whole milk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 cup cubed pepperoni
  • 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce

Instructions:
  • Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
  • Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.

Here are some things to pay attention to:
  • The recipe made a few more than 24 mini muffins. I just used up the rest of the batter for another batch without filling up the whole pan. You can also put it into a larger muffin pan and make one large puff, if you are that way inclined.


  • The recipe says 20 - 25 minutes, but my oven runs hot, so it only took about 15 minutes. I suggest that you check early on and when it turns a lovely golden brown, then take it out of the oven. Don't leave it too long without checking, 'cos they might just end up burned.

This is the color that you want the pizza puffs to be
when you pull them out of the oven

  • I was pretty generous with the chili flakes. I put in 1/4 teaspoon and that gave the pizza puffs a real kick, which I liked.
  • I did not use pizza sauce because I didn't have any of that. Instead I used a jar of pasta sauce and that worked fine too. I also didn't warm it up and just left it at room temperature.

Munch away!!!

Do you have any favorite party munchies that you are particularly fond of? What snacks do you love that you keep going back for more? Do you like making your own snacks or do you just get them from the store?



© This work is copyrighted to Invest-Ex and Destiny’s Fortunes Pty Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment